Saturday, January 15, 2011

Art Supplies at the Supermarket.

Borrowed this from Franck de Las Mercedes' blog .Frank is an amazing artist who I had the pleasure of painting for my artists & their work series.

photo by Felix Natal Jr.

Art supplies at supermarket

by Franck on 01/14/11
    I am sharing a couple things that can save an artists $ and a trip to the art supply store. I've been using Pledge floor wax for many years to mix with acrylic paints.
I love the texture and viscosity you get from it when mixed, and you can add water to get different densities.  It can also be used to varnish as a clear coat when the painting dries. The effect is pretty cool it seals and adds a great shine, and people ask if the paintings are oils.

Another great product is bar laundry soap. It is one of the best things to clean brushes with and it is great if you work with oils too, cuts all grease and paint residue. I buy this at my local bodega, but I am sure they're available in supermarkets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment